The Linux and automation engineer will report to our cloud engineering team and is directly responsible for designing and supporting the Linux and automation infrastructure. The Linux and automation engineer will work closely with software engineering and DevOps teams to provide cloud and Linux architecture, design, and leadership as well as work alongside IT infrastructure staff, DBA’s, and network engineers in support of Regulated Cloud infrastructures.
- Design, implement, secure and optimize scalable, highly available architectures both in AWS and physical infrastructure throughout the software development lifecycle (development, testing, staging, and production)
- End-to-end life cycle management from on-boarding to off-boarding and service decommissioning, including incident resolution and root cause analysis of critical outages
- Build practical tools that automate tasks, monitors infrastructure and provides reporting
- Champions security and operational best practices throughout the development and infrastructure lifecycle
- Work closely with developers and other staff to root cause issues and provide solutions
- Change management standardized across infrastructure, system, and application environments
- Proactively monitor the on premise and Amazon Web Services (AWS) environments utilizing best practices improving processes as needed
- Manage a 24/7 always on multi-tier Linux application delivery environment and participate in an on-call rotation
- Linux administration, performance tuning, monitoring, maintaining fault tolerance, and account management.
Six years’ experience working with most of the following:
- Linux Systems Engineering experience
- Fast learner with initiative who can drive projects
- Strong experience with doing deployment automation with scripting. open source or commercial product
- Ability to lead and influence peers in operations and development teams with a style that promotes collaboration, teamwork, and innovation.
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP protocol, DHCP, DNS, SMTP, LDAP
- Coding/scripting experience in Bash, Python, etc.
- Experience in system administration experience, this includes security management, OS installation and patching, user management and system monitoring
- Experience with both RDBMS and NoSQL
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Nice to have experience with AWS
- Nice to understand AWS networking architectures such as transit VPC and transit gateway
- Nice to have experience with AWS Security and Operational best practices
• BS/BA degree preferred.
• Nice to have at least one of following certifications: AWS Certs, CISSP, Security+, GSEC
InfusionPoints is a consulting, cybersecurity and technology firm that infuses security into business solutions to protect our clients' consumer, employee, and partner information. As an independent trusted partner, we help our clients by leveraging our information technology (IT) frameworks to efficiently develop, deploy, manage, and optimize secure business solutions for State and Federal Government, banking, insurance, finance, retail, and healthcare industries.
InfusionPoints' consultants combine a unique blend of security, technology and business skills to help our clients define IT, security and privacy strategies and manage major IT, security and privacy initiatives, while achieving high returns on their IT investments. Our experienced consultants apply holistic, integrated methodologies for infusing security and privacy capabilities into business solutions, by combining our frameworks with critical thinking and deep analytics to solve your most pressing security and privacy challenges.
InfusionPoints relies on the expertise and professionalism of our employees as the key to our success. Our consultants have broad experience in commercial and government organizations and have a variety of industry certifications, and advanced degrees.
InfusionPoints offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC or remote for the right candidates