Our Security Operations Analyst I position aligns up in our Virtual Network and Security Operations Center Line of Business that promotes the development of cybersecurity skills and experiences, which greatly improves our ability to tailor solutions to solve our clients' business issues.
As a Security Operations Analyst you will be part of a rapidly growing team, playing a critical role in helping us grow our managed cybersecurity business. In this role you are our first line of defense, protecting our customers’ network, systems, applications, and employees from damaging threats to their data and information.
Our ideal candidate is analytical, organized and able to take full advantage of the technology and intelligence to triage threat events, perform threat hunting, and lead incident response. Experience in security operations preferred but not required. Candidates must be efficient and effective at critical thinking and problem-solving.
Key accountabilities & responsibilities
- Perform event and incident triage, threat hunting, and incident response
- Use industry-leading commercial and open source software to detect, evaluate, triage, prioritize, and respond to security events
- Support research and development, security module creation, automation, and process improvement.
- Support vulnerability management and penetration tests
- Write both technical and executive incident reports when called upon
- Continuous learning and improvement of security analysis skills to match current technical security challenges and innovations
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- AS/BS degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering or related field
- 1-3 years of hands-on deep technical experience
- Security analysis, threat hunting, forensics, flow analysis, and log management experience
- IDS/IPS management, PCAP carving, file extraction, and long tail analysis experience
- Strong understanding of attacker tactics, techniques, and procedures
- Understanding of endpoint and network security
- Experience with or knowledge of vulnerability management and penetration testing of systems, applications, and networks
General understanding of industry standards, compliance, and legal guidelines
- ISO 27001,
- NIST 800-171,
- NIST 800-53,
- SOC 2, and
Demonstrable experience with one or more of the following:
- Self-starter able to drive towards goals and manage time effectively
- Analytical and the ability to think on the fly
- Strong skills in interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Able to work in a collaborative and in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
InfusionPoints is a consulting, cyber security and technology firm that infuses security into business solutions to protect our clients' consumer, employee, and partner information. As an independent trusted partner, we help our clients by leveraging our information technology (IT) frameworks to efficiently develop, deploy, manage, and optimize secure business solutions for State and Federal Government, banking, insurance, finance, retail, and healthcare industries.
InfusionPoints' consultants combine a unique blend of security, technology and business skills to help our clients define IT, security and privacy strategies and manage major IT, security and privacy initiatives, while achieving high returns on their IT investments. Our experienced consultants apply holistic, integrated methodologies for infusing security and privacy capabilities into business solutions, by combining our frameworks with critical thinking and deep analytics to solve your most pressing security and privacy challenges.
InfusionPoints relies on the expertise and professionalism of our employees as the key to our success. Our consultants have broad experience in commercial and government organizations and have a variety of industry certifications, and advanced degrees.
InfusionPoints offers a competitive compensation and benefits package and is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free work place.
Location: North Wilkesboro, NC