InfusionPoints, LLC is the Gold Level Sponsor for the Southeast Region Cyber Security & Technology Symposium on October 10th - 11th in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. This important Cyber Security & Technology Event is hosted by the Offices of United States Senator Richard Burr and United States Senator Thom Tillis, along with the North Carolina Defense Technology Transition Office (DEFTECH) and the North Carolina Military Business Center (NCMBC). This is one of several key NCMBC events that InfusionPoints (a Veteran Owned and HUBZone Small Business) supports each year. InfusionPoints will be showcasing our full suite of cyber security services to include our DFARS/NIST SP 800-171 and FedRAMP Compliance Support along with our Managed Cyber Security Operations (VNSOC360°).
According to McAfee and the Center for Strategic and International Studies, the world lost about $600 billion to cyber crime in 2017. The White House Council of Economic Advisers estimated that cyber attacks cost the US between $57 billion and $109 billion in 2016 as a result of 21, 239 public sector cyber incidents and 239 known breaches. During this same period, government agencies reported 30,899 cyber incidents, 16 of which met the threshold of being a major incident.
The exponential growth of the Internet of Things (IoT), and now the Internet of BATTLEFIELD Things (IoBT) opens the door for both increased capabilities and vulnerabilities. Leaders must continually evolve to adapt to future innovations and resultant cyber security threats. To accomplish this, the Federal Departments have established outreach offices and procedures to discover and acquire cutting edge, innovative technologies to address these evolving needs.
This Southeast Region Cyber Security & Technology Symposium will feature cyber experts from the Department of Defense (DoD), Department of Homeland Security, the services (Army, Navy, Marines, Air Force), National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), USCYBER Command, research institutions, and industry (to include Rob Seate, InfusionPoints' SVP and Chief Cyber Risk Strategist).
- Learn about current and evolving cyber security challenges, including the impact of IoT, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML), Analytics, Blockchain, and other potential solutions.)
- Hear and discuss several cutting edge cyber/IT innovations.
- Join the discussion on how to best train and retain cyber talent.
- Understand DoD Consortiums and Other Transaction Authorities (OTA).
- Network with federal and commercial cyber technology leaders and other participants.
- Depart the conference with a better understanding of current and evolving cyber needs, a broader network of contacts, and how you can better prepare to compete for cyber/IT future opportunities.
- IoT Standards and Definition
- IoT Cyber vulnerabilities and how to defend
- Enhancing Cyber Security with AI, ML, and Analytics,
- Moving to the cloud to enhance cyber security
- Near term and future cyber initiatives
- The Army Internet of Battlefield Things
- DoD Consortiums & OTAs: How they work & how to join
Visit www.ncmbc.us for information about NCMBC and NCMBC-supported events. Visit www.InfusionPoints.com to learn more about our Build, Test, and Defend Cyber Security Solutions for Government (Federal, State, & Local) commercial, and non-profit markets or send us an email at info@InfusionPoints.com.