InfusionPoints Deploys FISMA Compliant Solutions
The Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) was key in establishing several security standards and guidelines required by Congressional legislation. From this Act, came NIST Publications 800-53, 800-53A, 800-59, 800-37 and FIPS 199 and FIPS 200. The breadth of these standards and guidelines creates a holistic view of security, including personnel and physical security, risk management, incident response and monitoring, just to name a few. However, FISMA provided specific controls and further required department heads of federal agencies to protect information and systems. InfusionPoints applies an integrated methodology that infuses security and privacy controls into mission solutions to meet the FISMA requirements. InfusionPoints provides a wide range of services to meet any organizations FISMA objectives.
Helping to Design a FISMA Compliant Strategy for Securing Information Systems
The foundation for strong information processing systems is embedding it in a secure environment. InfusionPoints uses seasoned information security subject matter experts to develop a functional and secure FISMA compliant environment for our customers. Our subject matter experts engage with the agencies Information Security Office and systems owners to identify key design principles, strategic and security objectives, and critical requirements to develop a comprehensive information security environment.
InfusionPoints FISMA Framework Provides:
- Risk Management Framework determines the systems categorization, establishes the minimum requirements and if additional controls are required.
- System Security Plans identifies management, operational, and technical controls for testing of government systems.
- Processes for planning, implementing, evaluating, and documenting remedial action to address any deficiencies in the information security policies, and procedures to secure mission systems.
- Policies Framework establishes management direction, procedures, and requirements to ensure the appropriate protection for the information assets are defined and aligns with NIST Standards.
- Security training and awareness identifies associated training needs, customizable security training solutions and designed to transfer information from the subject-matter experts to the people who need it.
- Continuous Monitoring Framework establishes the metrics and methods to measure the effectiveness ongoing operational security controls.
- Incidence Management Framework which is comprised of a set of procedures and technologies for detecting, reporting, and responding to security incidents, consistent with standards and guidelines.
- Continuity of Operations Framework which is a set of plans and procedures to ensure continuity of operations for information systems that support the program.
InfusionPoints is a leading provider of FISMA compliant engineering services that architects, designs, develops, integrates, deploys and manages our customers secure mission solutions. Following InfusionPoints’ FISMA framework, provides you with an ongoing integrated process that facilitates FISMA compliance and Certification & Accreditation at a pace and budget you can afford. With InfusionPoints, you gain a trusted partner who will accept ownership for your security objectives and bring executive experience to integrate security into your program, right the first time.